Subject Code: 4AC0/01
This qualification is assessed through a 2 hours and 30 minutes examination paper, set and marked by Edexcel.
The paper consists of two sections – Section A and Section B
Section A (10 marks): comprise 10 multiple-choice questions.
Drawn from all sections of the subject content.
Section B (90 marks): comprise 5 questions.
Drawn from all sections of the subject content. These will include a range of question types – table completion, calculation/formulae and short-medium-answer questions.
The total number of marks available is 100.
- Capital & Revenue Expenditure
- Accounting Concepts & Principle
- Books of Original Entry & Source Documents
- Cash book & Petty Cash book
- Effects of Account
- Running Balance Format
- Value Added Tax
- Fixed Assets & Depreciation
- Bad Debts & Provision for Bad Debts
- Suspense & Errors
- Ratio Analysis
- Control Procedures
- Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Final Account & Adjustments
- Manufacturing Business
- Partnership Business
- Limited Company
- Non Profit Making Organization
- Incomplete Records
Lecturer: Tawsif Alam Khan
Teacher Assistant: Inzamam Ul Haq
Long Course is for 10 months. Three classes of 1 hour 30 mins each will be conducted per week. Syllabus will be completed within first six months and in last four months’ revision and 15 mock examination will be conducted.
Long Course is for 7 months. Five classes of 1 hour 30 mins each will be conducted per week for first three months and then regular class hour will followed. Syllabus will be completed within first three months and in last four months’ revision and 15 mock examination will be conducted.
Admission fee is 500 BDT and monthly fee is 2500 BDT. Students had to clear their monthly fees within first seven days of each month.
Required Text Book:
1. IGCSE O’level Accounting Source Book by Tawsif Alam Khan
2. IGCSE O’level Question Bank, VH Publication.
Books are only available in VH Photocopy center and other books are also available in local market.